Woodland Hills Sanitary District

March 2016 Minutes


The March meeting of the Woodland Hills Sanitary District was called to order at 6:34PM. In attendance were: Evan Hutchings, Carol Crozman, Tyler Trupe, Ed Striebel, Dylan Striebel and Lois Lund. Randy Alexander and Beth Haivala were absent.


Secretary’s Report: Evan asked if everyone had received and read the February minutes.

There was one change to the minutes made. Evan made a motion to approve the minutes,

seconded by Carol and approved 3-0.


Income Report: Total water income for February was $7468.54. We had a net loss of

( $689.23 ). The quarterly loan payment for $5004.71 was paid this month. There are two residents who are two months past due on their water bill. Letters have been sent to both. Carol made a motion to approve the minutes, seconded by Evan and approved 3-0.


Water and Project Report: Ed reported that water losses are at 9.6%. There was a

preconstruction meeting held on March 2nd. In attendance were Randy Alexander, Evan

Hutchings, Ed Striebel, Dylan Striebel AE2S, Taylor Drilling, Streamline Plumbing, Morford

Electric, Dakota Pump, Underground Construction, SDDENR, and BH Council of governments.

The meeting was to discuss the upcoming projects on the wellhouse and booster station. The

meeting went well.


Ed Striebel met with AE2S on March 9 about the project. Discussion included how to streamline the plumbing to configure the pump house. Work on the well house should be starting toward the 3rd or 4th week in March.


JD Precast has been contacted in regards to replacing the reservoir tanks at the top of

Woodland Drive. We are waiting on pricing of two 5,000 gallon tanks.


Ted from AE2S will get us plans for the rebuilding of the pump house. We are hoping to contract with Troy Mitchell of Mitchell Construction. We are also waiting on a price for a new tank gauge from Ted.


Evan brought up that it would be nice to have the green tanks painted, Ed will talk to Ted about the cost of painting them.


Tyler made a motion to approve the Water and Project Report seconded by Evan and approved 3-0.


Road Report: There was no income this month. We received a letter from the First District

Association of Local Governments needing us to complete their 2016 annual roadway update to our roads. This will be passed on to Randy.  Tyler reported that after construction on Tanager last month, that there are several places that need to be repaired by Underground Construction. Evan made a motion to approve the Road Report seconded by Tyler and approved 3-0.

Old Business: Randy has asked Carol to construct a letter to all residents pertaining to the

success so far of the project and to also inform residents about the possibility of tying in with Hills Materials to do any overlay projects that they might need done, as they will be up here in May to overlay Bluebird Lane. This could save on mobilization fees. This letter will go into the mailbox next to the water box.


New Business: Evan met with SD Public Assurance Alliance. They had several

recommendations of improvements that could be made. They will send us a report.

Tyler Trupe resigned his position on the board due to his business.


Resident Comments: None

Board Comments: None


The meeting was adjourned at 7:31PM.

Respectfully Submitted,

Carol Crozman

Recording Secretary